Hostinger is one of the most popular web hosting platforms and is basically known for providing hosting at affordable prices. With its hosting plans, it also allows users to set up subdomains. In this guide, we will tell you how to create a subdomain in Hostinger. But before that, let’s know a bit more about what the subdomain is?
What Does A Subdomain Mean?
A subdomain can simply be stated as the part of your domain that is displayed before your primary domain name. For eg. in the domain name store.onlinecake.com, ‘online cake’ is the primary domain name, ‘.com’ is TLD, whereas ‘store’ is the subdomain.
These are basically created with the motive of separating different sections of your website from each other. In the next section, we have mentioned the method of how to make a subdomain in Hostinger.
How To Add Subdomain In Hostinger?
It is very easy to create a subdomain with Hostinger. However, it provides two panels, hPanel, and cPanel, and you need to follow different steps for both of them. Now, let’s have a look at the method to create a subdomain on Hostinger one-by-one:
How To Create A Subdomain In Hostinger With hPanel?
Just follow these simple steps to create a subdomain from your hosting hPanel:
- Log in to your hPanel account and visit the Domains section.
- There you will find the Subdomain option, click on it.
- Here you will see a Window. Now, add a custom subdomain. Additionally, you can also set its custom directory root.
- Once you are done with it, click on the “Create” option to add a subdomain to Hostinger.
How To Add Subdomain In Hostinger With cPanel?
It is also very easy to add a subdomain through the cPanel of Hostinger. You just need to apply the following steps:
- Open your cPanel and log in to it. You will find an interface.
- Then click on the ‘Subdomains’ option to visit your subdomain dashboard.
- After this, click on the “Add button” to add a subdomain. You will be redirected to the Domains page
- Now, just simply type the subdomain name that you want to create and click on the “Create” button.
- After this, your subdomain for your custom domain will be created.
These are the simple steps of how to create a subdomain in Hostinger web hosting. With the help of these steps, you will be able to generate subdomains with both cPanel and hPanel. Once the subdomain is created, you can also see details about that domain from the subdomain section of your panel. Apart from this, you can also delete any subdomain from there.
Sometimes you may face some issues related to adding Subdomain in Hostinger. So, you can contact Hostinger support facility that is provided to users 24/7/365.
FAQs Related To How To Create Subdomain In Hostinger
Are Subdomains Free On Hostinger?
Yes, Hostinger provides a minimum of 2 subdomains free with its basic web hosting plans. You can get more subdomains by opting for a higher plan or by paying an extra cost.
How Do I Get To The Hostinger cPanel?
To reach your Hostinger cPanel, simply visit the official website of Hostinger and log in with your hosting details.